Welcome to my website!
My name is Rachel Henri. I’m passionate about Tunisian crochet. This technique, an hybrid between knitting and crochet, offers endless possibilities to make colorful items with unique textures.
I regularly publish patterns, in French and in English, on Ravelry. My aim is to propose models that will highlight all the beauty of Tunisian crochet.
Where to start?
On my site, you will find technical documentation to learn more about Tunisian crochet. Go to the drop-down menu Tunisian crochet to find out more about the different techniques described here.
The classification of Tunisian crochet techniques on my site is all personal. I regularly publish articles on my blog to add further details to the existing pages. Don’t hesitate to navigate and come back later to find out more.
- Getting started: Find out about the basic principles of Tunisian crochet, its mechanics and key elements: forward and return passes, edge stitches, anatomy of a stitch…
- Basic stitches: simple stitch, knit stitch, purl stitch and reverse stitch. With these 4 basic stitches, used alone or combined, you already have access to a wide range of stitch patterns.
- Variations on basic stitches: With simple changes to the basic stitches, you add more textures to your Tunisian crochet projects.
- Foundation rows: You don’t have to start your Tunisian crochet project with chains.
- Changing colors: on the FwdP or the RetP, every row or second row…
- Increases and decreases: discreet or more visible techniques to modify shapes or add design elements.
- Short rows: different techniques to shorten forward and/or return passes.
- Double-ended hooks: used to work flat or in the round.
A passion is best shared. So don’t hesitate to leave comments, ask questions, make suggestions, share my articles or like my patterns.
If you like what I do,
support my work and buy your favorite TC patterns on my Ravelry shop.
Also subscribe to my newsletter to receive details about my Tunisian crochet activities directly in your email box!
Want to receive more info about Tunisian crochet techniques, discount codes and news about my latest patterns?
Subscribe to my newsletter!
You’ll find me as well on
Instagram – I share my wips and finished projects, mainly in Tunisian crochet but not only… Don’t hesitate to tag me @rachel.crochet if you want to share your creative projects with me. It’s always a pleasure to see what others do.
YouTube – I make videos mainly in French. The aim is to illustrate the content of this website. If you are not familiar with French at all, read the articles (all translated in English) in which videos are nested. My videos are not meant to be “stand-alone” documents.
Pinterest – Boards to pin ideas.
Facebook – A page where I mostly relay my Instagram posts.